Broken

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Why does everything have to have a title?

This is my first attempt at a blog, and the hardest part so far is just coming up with titles for everything. You have to title your blog, you have to title your post, and you need a car title just to get started. I'm a pastor and I hate titling my sermons. Mainly because God may completely change what He wants to say come Saturday night or Sunday morning, and then you've got this title just hanging out in thin air that will never be used. It's amazing that I was ever able to agree with my wife on the names of our two daughters.

I've titled my blog "Broken" for a couple of reasons. One, this is the name of the Saturday night worship service I preach at, and two, because I believe God is calling us to be broken. When everybody else is offering to fix everything and everyone, I think God is offering to help us live in brokenness. I know that may not sound like what you've heard before, but I think that's the point.

I will explain more in another post, but for now the whole title thing is making me tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home